For homeowners in Los Angeles County who are customers of both Southern California Edison and SoCalGas®, rebates of up to $3,000 are available for your qualifying energy efficiency upgrade.
Rebates are available for the following measures (rebate amount listed in parenthesis; the higher rebate is available for a higher-efficiency upgrade):
- Whole Building Air Sealing ($250|$450)
- Attic Insulation & Plane Sealing ($550|$650)
- Duct Sealing ($250|$650)
- Duct Insulation ($400)
- Central Air Conditioner ($750)
- Central Furnace ($600|$700)
- Wall Furnace ($400)
- Windows ($700)
- Wall Insulation ($500)
- Floor Insulation ($550)
- Gas Storage Water Heater ($350|$450)
- Gas Tankless Water Heater ($900)
- Electric Water Heater ($400)
- All work must be performed by a Home Upgrade Participating Contractor.
- A carbon monoxide detector must be present or installed on each floor.
- Testing must be performed after work is completed to ensure quality and occupant safety.
- The home must have a minimum of 10% energy savings or measure rebate value of $2,000 or greater.
- Projects that include central air conditioning or a heat pump, or their related fans, must submit proof of permit closure.
- Rebate and incentive amount can be a maximum of 50% of the total project cost, up to a $3,000 cap.
As offered by The Energy Network, Home Upgrade is available for homeowners in Los Angeles County who are customers of both Southern California Edison and SoCalGas. For the full list of cities where Home Upgrade is offered by The Energy Network, please download a map. Outside of Los Angeles County, or LADWP/Pasadena Water & Power/Long Beach Gas & Oil customers, please visit www.sce.com/upgrade for more information.
All work must be performed by a Home Upgrade Participating Contractor. Additional details and restrictions apply. Learn more online, by asking your Participating Contractor, or by calling (877) 785-2237.
Looking to save even more energy? Advanced Home Upgrade can offer even greater levels of rebates and incentives. These incentives are intended to encourage deep, comprehensive upgrades; the greater your energy savings, the greater your rebate.
To find a contractor, please visit www.sce.com/upgrade.
To estimate your rebate amount:
- The contractor of your choice performs an energy assessment on your house.
- Your contractor estimates the potential reduction in modeled energy use. The project’s potential energy savings helps determine your rebate estimate.
- Complete the project, then complete a final energy assessment. The final energy assessment determines your final rebate amount.
Ready to get started?
Your Participating Contractor handles all the paperwork. To get started:
- See if you pre-qualify for a Home Upgrade incentive.
- Find a Home Upgrade Participating Contractor
- Or, contact us at (877) 785-2237 or firstname.lastname@example.org
We were only planning on adding the A/C unit, however with the rebates we were able to add insulation in our attic, which was not in our original plan, but thanks to the rebates were able to add the additional work to improve our home’s energy efficiency.
Everything was processed and received in a couple weeks. The program offers top quality service and the rebate helped a lot. We are already seeing the savings on the electric and gas bill.
The rebate helps provide assistance with the expense of adding energy efficiency to our home.